NIC driver install

Patrick Fleming EA plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 10:06:51 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 21 Dec 2002, cliff rogers wrote:

> The 2 cards are D-link DFE-530TX+ and they are on the Linux approved
> hardware list. On the Redhat.com hardware support site it says that the
> driver is on the install disk. I don't know if it is on the Clarkconnect
> disk or not though. Anyway I found the driver on the D-link site and D/L'd
> it, put it on a floppy, and copied it into my root directory on the Linux
> box. What I am trying to do now is to copy that driver into the proper file
> or directory so that I can use it. If some one can give me some steps to
> follow or point me to a How-to on the web I can follow it. Thanks again,
> Cliff
If I remember right, you have to compile this driver. I, of course could
be wrong. But just to check,
#tail driverfilename
may give you the commands to build the driver, it's been a while since I
used D-Link cards- I've had better personal luck with Linksys- but that
was the way to get the compile, build commands if I remember right.