XScreenSaver

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
20 Dec 2002 17:57:35 -0700

On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 16:45, David Huerta wrote:
> I am running Mandrake 9.0 and KDE.  For some reason, I can access and use
> XScreenSaver just fine in Gnome, but can't do the same in KDE or any other
> GUI.  I have tried installing in through KDE, but I can't, since there's
> already an rpm file for it.  I have also tried fiddling with the
> XScreenSaver directory somewhere in the usr/share directory, but to no
> avail.  Any ideas?

-----
On RH 8, the screensaver in KDE didn't work until their errata updates a
few weeks ago fixed that problem. The energy saver would sleep the
monitor but the screensaver wouldn't work. It does now...check to see if
Mandrake has a KDE update for 9.0 - probably a lot of pieces and install
them.

Craig