Wierd Samba problems

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:08:40 -0500

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 10:48:52AM -0700, Bruner, Andrew wrote:
/_I was wondering if you guys could help me with a problem I'm having.
/_I recently setup a Hylafax server where my users print to a samba printer
/_and hylafax faxes the print job. Let me give you the info on the box. It's a
/_compaq 133 running Red Hat 8.0, Samba 2.2.5 and the latest Hylafax rpm.
/_
/_The problem is Samba will work fine for a little bit then it stops, but smbd
/_& nmbd are still running. You can click on it in Network Neighborhood and it
/_says the "service is not started". It also takes telnet with it!?
/_I've checked /var/log/messages and nothing jumps out as the culprit.
/_I've checked the logs in /var/log/samba and I don't really see the anything
/_there either.
/_Anyone have any ideas?
/_Thanks
/_-Andrew

Perhaps something getting automagically dumped into /etc/hosts.deny ?