Wierd Samba problems

Bruner, Andrew plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:48:52 -0700

I was wondering if you guys could help me with a problem I'm having.
I recently setup a Hylafax server where my users print to a samba printer
and hylafax faxes the print job. Let me give you the info on the box. It's a
compaq 133 running Red Hat 8.0, Samba 2.2.5 and the latest Hylafax rpm.

The problem is Samba will work fine for a little bit then it stops, but smbd
& nmbd are still running. You can click on it in Network Neighborhood and it
says the "service is not started". It also takes telnet with it!?
I've checked /var/log/messages and nothing jumps out as the culprit.
I've checked the logs in /var/log/samba and I don't really see the anything
there either.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
-Andrew