"less" annoyance, filters html source

Dennis Kibbe plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 06:04:46 -0700

On Thursday 05 December 2002 09:44 pm, you wrote:
> Why would they CHANGE the meaning of a popular
> command?

Well, you could look it it this way. Since there is a dialog box (in Debian)
during the install explaining the issue and asking YOU to make a choice THEY
haven't done anything. You have full control how you want "less" to work.

I can see your point. In the UNIX tradition there should be a different tool
to do what you want. Of course, if this were Windows we'd have one HUGE tool
(I bet some spambot filters on "HUGE tool" :-)) that would edit everything,
in closed binary format and using a virus-prone macro to boot. Humm, sounds
like. . . WORD. <g>

Dennis