ALSA libraries on Red Hat

Vaughn Treude plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:37:07 -0400

Hello all:
	I've been having lots of fun with sound this week.  I'm now trying to get
sound to work on my Sony Vaio PCG-FX220, which is running Red Hat 7.1.  A
post on the Web said that the ALSA modules supported its sound chip (Windows
says it's SoundMax, but I think this is supposedly integrated with the video
chip somehow.)   I couldn't find any alsa RPM's in my RH CD's and the links
to the older (0.5.x) also RPM's via the RH site were broken.  So I downloaded
the source for the new (0.9.x) ALSA modules; but they won't compile.  There
appears to be an incompatibility with the source file isapnp.h for this
version of RH.  Anybody had similar experiences?

Thanks,
Vaughn Treude