link: tux/apache virtualhosting

David A. Sinck plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:03:53 -0700

I recently discovered a problem in doing NameVirtualHosting forwarding
from tux (kernel httpd) to apache.

The tux docs suggest running tux on 80 and having it proxy complex
requests to 127.1:8080, so apache should listen on 127.1:8080 only
(for security, but if you're running a webserver in the first place,
even proxied.... but that's a different horse).  The trouble is that
the apache server somehow misses the VirtualHost directive that's tied
to 127.1:8080.

However, if you put your.real.ip:80, it works.  Which is peculiar
given that you're not *listening* on that setup.

The solution was documented in: