Netstumbling and US Law

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 20:12:27 -0400

Bill Nash wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Tony Wasson wrote:
>
> > I have heard Netstumbling defended as 'mapping local frequencies in use'. If
> > you are deploying your own wireless network, you'd want to make sure you do
> > not interfere with existing networks.
> >

>         That's a clever way of doing it. What happens when they ask why I
> was mapping frequencies on the other side of town? =)
>
> - billn

It's to make sure that it doesn't interfere with that tin can
directional antenna you set up:
http://www.oreillynet.com/lpt/wlg/448

or the satellite dish:
http://www.wwc.edu/~frohro/Airport/Primestar/Primestar.html

Yeah, that's the ticket!

George
--
              Irrefutable fact about projects: You can have
                it Quick, Cheap, or Right - pick any two.