I want to learn to develop web sites. What do I need?

Mark Berkwitt plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 17:59:15 -0700

Preferably not. But I do need to know about the different camps, their tools
and their pros and cons.

> > Additionally, what do I need to learn if I want to include a purchasing
> > feature for selling a very few products online?
>
> There are a few packages out there that already do that type of thing.
> Others on the AZPHP mailing list ( very low volume ) would be able to make
> recommendations in that arena.

I'll check into this.

> > Do I need to learn XML or other languages/technologies?
>
> XML is a good thing.

I'm beginning to feel like that guy in the commercial about eating 40 bowls
of cereal for one's daily vitamins.

> At this point I would suggest getting familiar with PHP and MySQL
> ( learning
> PostgreSQL as well is good ). Come to the meeting Tue night and you can
> learn about pros and cons of PHP and ASP.

Thanks, I've set my calendar.