[azipa] Re: Contract Position Available

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 18:47:24 -0400

JD Austin wrote:
[snip]
> Not to say there aren't some 'paper MCSE' people out there :) Clueless
> people don't last long.. they're soon promoted to management where they
> can do the least amount of damage.

I wish that were true - the least amount of damage, I mean.  I think
they do more damage.  I had a tech lead that most people thought was a
project manager because he didn't know anything technical.  I made the
mistake of laughing at one of his stupid ideas.  He was quite offended,
and 3 days later I was notified that I was no longer necessary.  A month
after I left, their systems were experiencing severe outages, and people
were saying "That would have never happened if George was still here."

George

--
              Irrefutable fact about projects: You can have
                it Quick, Cheap, or Right - pick any two.