Setup Help needed - SSL, Mail Server

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 15:21:04 -0500

'eximstats + cron' rocks even more :-)

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 12:58:32PM -0700, Kurt Granroth wrote:
 On Monday 19 August 2002 12:46 pm, Mike Starke wrote:
 > Mail
 > I'm not a big fan of sendmail; I'm certain most of the group will
 > steer you towards Postfix or Qmail. Personally, I am a Qmail fan.
 > Again, commit to one of them, and we can certainly guide you thru
 > getting it operational.

 I second the "stay away from sendmail" sentiment and I agree that Qmail is
 nice.  I'd also like to add my support for 'exim', though.  I used to use
 qmail pretty consistently (and it is very nice) but since moving my mail
 server system to Debian, I've been using exim (woody's default).  It was
 very easy to configure and had worked flawlessly.  It has built in support
 for open relay blacklists (I use ordb.org) and can natively use Maildir
 (like qmail).  Plugging SpamAssassin into exim was also very easy (if not
 trivial).  And 'eximstats' rocks.
 --
 Kurt Granroth - "KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop"
 KDE Developer/Evangelist | granroth@kde.org