Setup Help needed - SSL, Mail Server

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 12:58:32 -0700

On Monday 19 August 2002 12:46 pm, Mike Starke wrote:
> Mail
> I'm not a big fan of sendmail; I'm certain most of the group will
> steer you towards Postfix or Qmail. Personally, I am a Qmail fan.
> Again, commit to one of them, and we can certainly guide you thru
> getting it operational.

I second the "stay away from sendmail" sentiment and I agree that Qmail is
nice.  I'd also like to add my support for 'exim', though.  I used to use
qmail pretty consistently (and it is very nice) but since moving my mail
server system to Debian, I've been using exim (woody's default).  It was
very easy to configure and had worked flawlessly.  It has built in support
for open relay blacklists (I use ordb.org) and can natively use Maildir
(like qmail).  Plugging SpamAssassin into exim was also very easy (if not
trivial).  And 'eximstats' rocks.
--
Kurt Granroth - "KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop"
KDE Developer/Evangelist | granroth@kde.org