Can we help a Phoenix school convert to Linux?

Vaughn Treude plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 09:26:27 -0400

I haven't contacted him.  If anybody has, please let me know.  If nobody has,
I volunteer- unless you were planning to do that, Tom.  In that case, I
volunteer to help.  For example, if we can set up a meeting, I'll be there.

I would like to get a little feedback on this, though, on what you guys had
in mind.  Should we do this as a charity thing-- free or cheap install and
setup help, to help the schools and gain good publicity for Linux (and
ourselves, of course)?  Or should this be just a business thing?  Will they
take us seriously if we offer to do it for free?  Or should we do it for free
and set up a fee system for subsequent support (after an initial grace period
of, say, 30 days or so)?

Of course, we need to get an idea of the scale of what Mr. Walker is looking
for, whether he has the authority to make any decisions, and whether MS has
already done some sort of deal with the school system.

Please let me know, soon as you can,
Vaughn Treude
Nakota Software