Fry's Horror [Was: Re: motherboard for building]

Gary Nichols plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 13:57:36 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Tom Achtenberg wrote:
> I for one have never had any problem with things from Fry's including
> several motherboards.  Unless you are needing really high end
> reliability, any of them should work just fine for a Linux box.

I've had good luck too, but you have to be very educated on how to shop at
Fry's.

1) NEVER buy anything that even looks like it was opened or not in it's
original shrink-wrapped state.
2) NEVER buy anything that has a return sticker on it.
3) NEVER buy their cheapy generic anything that they have on sale.

As another PLUGer pointed out, you have walk around the store to get what
you want sometimes.