motherboard for building

David Uhlman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 01:13:01 -0700

I ship superpower cases and have extraordinarily pleased with the
price/performance ratio. They are available from mwave.com which 50km has
done a great deal of business with and is a quality company. Their consumer
prices are not the best but are consistently competitive and there shipping
is both very reasonable and quick. Early orders often ship the same day and
because they are in southern CA it isn't a very long ride.

Motherboard is a tough question but if cost were no object and performance
was the focus the current abit motherboard flavors (especially the amd
based) perform very well at a reasonable cost. The epox (amd only) also.

On the cheaper side the ecs (www.ecsusa.com) boards are feature packed and
dirt cheap. They are certainly reliable enough for consumer use as well.

I also agree that frys is way out of date with their motherboard inventory,
check pricewatch.com for the best deals but remember that sometimes going
with a more reputable dealer, at the cost of a few dollars, in the end makes
for a better deal.

I am big on getting the most bang for my buck which means going amd without
question, but the absolute top overall performance crown is currently held
with the high end p4. Your specific needs/wants will obviously change what
direction you should be looking.

Sincerely,
David Uhlman
CTO 50km Inc.