Where is ntp?

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 08:32:25 -0700

I have a Red Hat 7.3 server which I want to synchronize it's time to
another server.  I have found references on the net to the ntp command that
will do this.  I was not able to run the command at a console so I figured
maybe it was not installed.  I downloaded the ntp-4.1.1-1.i386.rpm but when
I attempted to install it, I got "package ntp-4.1.1-1 is already
installed"  Also, in /etc there is a ntp.conf and a sub-directory called
ntp with associated files but I don't know where the executable is.

So, if it is already installed on the machine, where do I go to run it?

Alan