COnverting to Linux

Brian Hendricks plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 07 Aug 2002 08:21:30 -0700

<head>
</head>
I've been talking with Victor Odhner a little bit about this subject, but
this is what I would like to do:<br>
when install Linux even though Win2000 is already installed and running?<br><br><!---->Second setting up Apache. Victor suggested I learn as much as I can about it about it, no problem what is the best way to do so?<br><br>and Lastly I want some sort of FTP server, it is for my use and the use of a few friends and family members only. Which I know can be an easy way for a hacker to gain access Victor suggested  changing to ssh and scp instead of ftp. What are they and where can I find out some information about them?<br><br>Just a little back ground about me so you have an idea of what I know, I am a programmer (been doing it sence 99) after spending 20 years in the military. Right now I am the entire IT dept. at the small company I work for I take can of the network, all hardware (building new systems and fixing them) upgrading hardware and software.. I also have taken a course on PC repair. However I don't have any training in Linux (we only had on class in UNIX in school)