intro classes?

Brian Cluff plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
06 Aug 2002 07:13:03 -0700

On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 01:04, der.hans wrote:
> Well, if that's the reasoning for leaving out GNU we need to leave out Linux
> since we will be covering exactly zero things about Linux in the newbie
> courses. They aren't the place to bring up kernel stuff.

My reasoning for not using GNU in the name is that it implies a narrow
focus.  For the same reason I wouldn't name the thing "Training for
redhat packages that start with the letter A thu G".
I'm sure there are some great stuff in those letters, and stuff the OS
probably wouldn't work without, but a complete system, that people would
even consider switching to, it doesn't make.

Brian Cluff