intro classes?

Tue, 6 Aug 2002 01:04:13 -0700 (MST)

Am 05. Aug, 2002 schwätzte Brian Cluff so:

> Ive been purposly leaving anything that has GNU in it off my list since
> won't be teaching just GNU software.  The trainging would be very lame
> and boreing if we did just stick to GNU, and we don't want to give
> anyone the impression that is what we are doing even if we do cover free
> software other than GNU.

Well, if that's the reasoning for leaving out GNU we need to leave out Linux
since we will be covering exactly zero things about Linux in the newbie
courses. They aren't the place to bring up kernel stuff.

We're covering Free Software, but using Linux in the promo because it's a
household name.

LAFS - Learn About Free Software
LINAFS - Learn and Imbibe kNowledge About Free Software
RALFS - Really Awesome Learning Free Software
MILFS - Mentors Imbuing Linux and Free Software
HALFS - Helping All Learn Free Software
ELFS - Everyone Learns Free Software
DWARFS - Dilligently Working for the Acceptance of RFCs and Free Software
HOBBITSS - Helping Our Brothers ( and Sisters ) Buy Into Technically Superior
HOBITSS - Helping Our Brothers ( and Sisters ) Install Technically Superior
Software
   For some of the companies out there:
      GOBLINS - Greedy Oligopolies Breaking Laws to Increase Net Stealings
      ORCS - Oligopolies Rewarding Corporate Slimeballs
      GOLLUM - Greedy, Obligatory Licensing Leeching US Money
      GOULEM - Greedy Organizations Using Licensing to Extort Money
SHELFS - Students Helping Everyone Learn Free Software
FSfA - Freie Software für Alle

:)

ciao,

der.hans