Free Software for m$

John Olson plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 09:22:07 -0700

I'm using cvswin, abeit just the client (server on RH 7.2).  And unlike
VSS it really works over the internet.  www.wincvs.org

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us] On Behalf Of
der.hans
Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2002 11:28 PM
To: quatsch
Subject: Free Software for m$

moin, moin,

I'm putting together info on what Free Software we want to support on
m$.

I haven't a clue as to what works well on m$ platforms. Heck, I don't
even use most of this vile and evil GUI stuff on Free Software platforms
:).

I was pitching Evolution, but am told it ain't ready for prime time on
m$ boxen. Does anyone know where the eXpunge plugin stands for m$
version of Evolution?

My current list is:

OpenOffice as an office suite. It has a word processor, spreadsheet
program, basic drawing program, and presentation program.

Mozilla as a web browser and email client.

The GIMP as a graphics program.

Apache is the world's most popular web server.

Databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL.

Popular development languages such as PHP, Perl and Python.

Anything else that should be listed? Any of that that should be left
out? Are we going to be able to support installing those on m$ boxen at
IF2?

Any worthwhile games?

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  Stell dir vor, es ist Krieg und keiner geht hin...