ISO Images

Scott plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 15:49:19 -0700 (MST)

What software do you plan to use to burn the ISOs?  Most (all?) cd burning
programs have an option to burn cds from an iso image.  The "how to"
really depends on what software you are going to use.

IE using cdrecord:

first do a 'cdrecord -scanbus' to find out what address your cdrom is at.
(this is sample output from my system)

--> cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord 1.10 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2001 Jörg Schilling
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.19
Using libscg version 'schily-0.5'

(bunch of other devices removed from cut/paste)

scsibus1:
        1,0,0   100) 'PHILIPS ' 'PCRW1208        ' ' 1.2' Removable CD-ROM
        1,1,0   101) *
        1,2,0   102) *
        1,3,0   103) *
        1,4,0   104) *
        1,5,0   105) *
        1,6,0   106) *
        1,7,0   107) *

My cdrom is at 1,0,0.  So to burn an ISO image, I would issue this
command:

   cdrecord -v speed=4  dev=1,0,1 <iso image name>

then sit back and wait for the burn to complete.  See the man page for
cdrecord for a whole lot more info.

scott