IF2 LTSP Presentation

Kevin Brown plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 22:34:25 -0700

This would be something useful for places like ASU.  Too bad they are pretty
deep into Microsoft for the desktops.  Hmm, they can keep the exchange servers
and use Evolution with the Exchange connector, dump M$ Office for Star Office or
Open Office (not like people use most of the "advanced" features in any Office
suite) and easily update software on the workstations (update the server and you
are done.

It's funny, but ASU doesn't even take advantage of things like Sun's JumpStart
ability to install multiple Sun servers at once.