IF2 LTSP Presentation

Matt Alexander plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 22:12:45 -0700 (PDT)

I'd like to give a presentation at IF2 on installing and configuring a
Linux Terminal Server.  I'll pull pieces from my presentation a couple
months ago on Migrating Business Desktops to Linux and I'll give a live
demonstation of using a Linux Terminal Server.  In addition, people can
bring their own equipment and I'll help them configure their own LTS.
They'll need a box to act as the server with two NICs, a box to act as the
client with one NIC, and straight-through and cross-over cables (or a hub
and three straight-through cables).

From my direct experience with Linux Terminal Servers in a business
environment, a lot of money can be saved by utilizing "obsolete" hardware,
as well as greatly simplifying software administration for multiple users.

Here are a couple relevant links to whet your appetite:  ;-)

http://ltsp.org
http://k12ltsp.org

Thank you,
~Matt Alexander