Best place to download RH

Lynn David Newton plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 23:28:38 -0700

  Carl> Okay *just* in case it IS my disks that are at
  Carl> fault I want to grap another copy of disk 2.
  Carl> Can anyone suggest where I can go and get it in
  Carl> less than 6 hours? (I've got cox and ncftp).

http://www.linuxiso.org/ has ISO images of all standard
distros and good throughput. That's where I got my RH
7.2 images.

  Carl> OR can anyone tell me how to run a md5sum on
  Carl> the disk image of a CD? other words if I have a
  Carl> disk in /mnt/cdrom can I do a md5sum of the
  Carl> whole mount point?

You need to md5sum the device

md5sum /dev/cdrom

should do it for you, assuming /dev/cdrom points to the
device (i.e., it's probably a symlink to /dev/hdb or
/dev/hdc).

--
Lynn David Newton
Phoenix, AZ