BYO or manufactured?

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 02:24:34 -0700

Jay wrote:

> Well, if you're interested, here is the eula.txt file from my WinXP Pro
> install in VMWare (gzipped and attached to this email).

thanks, I took a look at it...  As a note, I think someone mentioned
that they "took" that clause out of the XP EULA.

Skimming over the doc, I did notice this tough:

    * Consent to Use of Data.  You agree that Microsoft and its
      affiliates may collect and use technical information
      gathered in any manner as part of the product support
      services provided to you, if any, related to the Product.

Yow... CYA.

They also state that it will be used to "improve the product" and will
not be used to identify you in any way...  Yea right...  I'd trust the
BATF/FBI/etc. before I'd trust Bill's thugs.

  EBo --