Problems with Mandrake 8.1

Patrick Hustis plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 22:55:25 -0700

It sounds like your system is booting into runlevel 3, which doesn't launch
X.  During your install, did it walk you through the configuration of your
video card, and video resolution settings?

Was it a graphical installer or was it text mode?

To me it sounds like either your video card wasn't detected correctly, or
may not be supported.  What are your system specs?