Problems with Mandrake 8.1

Matt plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 22:36:05 -0700

The install went without any problems at all. I did all the packages in
about 20 minutes, no mistakes, restarts, or anything like I experienced with
SuSE, just joy. So I rebooted like it said, and my computers boots up like
normal. Then, I'm presented with a choice in slecting what I want to run
before that, with Linux, safe settings, and a few other things, and I select
Linux. It did a nice little thing on the purple screen starting this and
that, etc, and then the screen went black and started flashing. After about
a minute, the screen stopped flashing, and I could make out what it was.
There was an awful penguin on a blue background with a huge LINUX in grey
letters to the right. The penguin and the word LINUX were each made of
sqaures of solid color about the same height as a capital letter.
Essentially, it has the graphics of an old DOS game or something. Anyway,
the screen sad some other stuff about my system, the date of Compile #1,
etc, and it had a login thing. I logged in, and it gave me something like

[matt@Matt matt]#

which I'm pretty sure is a bash prompt. I doubt that's where it should take
me. Can any of you help me? Thanks.