List management detail...

Wed, 24 Apr 2002 17:36:03 -0700 (MST)

Am 23. Apr, 2002 schwätzte Jeff so:

> That works for most of the messages, but if someone uses a different style
> of writing the email address (i.e. PLUG-discuss@... instead of
> plug-discuss@...) then it won't work. Some people send mail to the list with
> different capitalization which forces one to create multiple filters. if
> everyone just sent using all lowercase, then it would be perfect. At least
> for filtering by To:

There should be an option to filter without regard to capitalization.
Procmail defaults to case insensitive matching.

> But you can also filter by Mailing List ID in KMail, which I have done, and
> it seems to work for all of the messages so far.

Yes, there are several headers you can key on.

I set up different mail addresses and filter based on the destination
address. That way I also catch follow ups, SPAM, etc. that aren't coming in
via the mailing list. You need to own your own domain and run your own MTA
for that, though.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  Like the maid, I don't do (M$)Windows. - der.hans