Gentoo rocks -> Debian vs. Gentoo

Tue, 23 Apr 2002 12:08:04 -0700 (MST)

Am 23. Apr, 2002 schwätzte Tony Wasson so:

> I'm just a hack, so I don't know the 'correct' way but I do this. But I'd
> do:
>
> dpkg --install /path/to/deb/files/*.deb
>     or
> dpkg --install cups.deb other-cups-file1.deb other-cups-file2.deb
>
> der.hans would probably know a much more elegant approach. Also, if you get

Actually, not at this point. Soon, however, apt should handle this as well.
The capabilities are in the new version of ipkg for the iPAQ, which uses a
system based on debian. They want to roll the capabilities back 'upstream'
to apt.

Those wanting one tool for all packaging needs should try aptitude or
synaptic. I haven't used either, so have no idea how they work.

> dependency problems, just use wget to grab those files too.

That or apt-get them, so you'll get their dependencies as well.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/