more CD-related problems

Lynn David Newton plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 22:16:28 -0700

  Lynn> When I press the button to eject the disk it
  Lynn> holds on to it.

  cs> lets see here, if I remember right you are using
  cs> Reiserfs. ...

No, ext3.

  >> I took the loop out of the options and the problem
  >> solved itself.

  cs> because in the good old days of SCSI-1 and early
  cs> SCSI-2 daisy chains had to be terminated manually
  cs> or the digital signals sent across the bus would
  cs> literally bounce around and screw up data
  cs> transmissions across the bus. The loopback would
  cs> be used to test the SCSI bus and see if data
  cs> could be sent reliably across it.

Aha! The lights just went on. *That* kind of a
loopback. I couldn't picture it. I'm familiar with
loopbacks in serial ports, but had forgotten entirely
about the SCSI issue.

  cs> No, it is time to break more things.

Actually, the list is unending.

--
Lynn David Newton
Phoenix, AZ