Distill Word Doc to PDF

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 23:09:44 -0700

Download GhostScript and GhostView.  There are Windows binaries for both of
these.  Then you:

- Create a postscript printer setup to print to a file.
- Print the document to this printer.
- View the resulting file in GhostView.
- On the File/Convert menu in GhostView, convert to a PDF
- Tada! you now have a PDF file of your document.

Now, that all assumes you are in Windows.  If you are in Linux, Use
StarOffice to open the DOC file and save it out as a postscript and then
convert with ps2pdf.

Alan