installing to Toshiba laptop from floppy

KevinO plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:03:44 -0700

I have a Toshiba 730 CDT, P-150 and I installed Mandrake 8.0 onto it using the
network method. You will have to make the 'network' and 'pcmcia' floppies. The
instructions are on CD-1. The one gotcha was that the network install never
prompted me for the 2nd CD. I got around this by copying the contents of the
CDs onto the server so that both rpm directories (RPMS, RPMS2) were in the
Mandrake directory. KDE2 is slow to load on this machine, even with 80MB ram.