Serious cabling problem

James Lee Bell plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 16:21:27 -0700

I'm having difficulty finding it, but on slashdot (i believe) and other
news sites within the last couple months there were pointers to an
article by a guy in like eastern WA that set up his own site to site
broadband over "clean dry pairs" from his local phone company. He even
named a couple modem brands he was using and mentioned that over a 15
mile or so wire length, he was getting half-t1 speeds.  Maybe this is
what you're trying to do over the existing bldg-to-bldg phone lines?

Found it!!! "The SDSL Homebrew Home Page.
http://www.odessaoffice.com/sdsl.htm