Structured Membership

Richard Ibbotson plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 20:15:13 +0100

Dear All

> The way PLUG works now is very loose, but just tight enough to get
> stuff done.  Those that are capable and willing rise to the "top"
> and get stuff done.  Then they fade to the back or stay at the
> front or are pushed to the front by the group.  The group trusts,
> recognizes and places responsibility on those that can and want to
> get things done.  The utter lack of politics in the group is
> amazing and refreshing.

Over here we had a very long - twelve months - discussion about this
kind of thing.  We came down to the fact that a crowd of people who
want to help each other is formal enough.  Anything more than that
and we thought that due to the way things run over here we would have
a lot of problems.

I don't want to go on about legal affairs.  Most IT people that I've
met just about spit in my face if I do.

Apologies for shoving my nose into someone else's business :)

--
Richard