Structured Membership

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 11:32:11 -0700

Very interesting comments, from direct experience.

The way PLUG works now is very loose, but just tight enough to get stuff
done.  Those that are capable and willing rise to the "top" and get stuff
done.  Then they fade to the back or stay at the front or are pushed to the
front by the group.  The group trusts, recognizes and places responsibility
on those that can and want to get things done.  The utter lack of politics in
the group is amazing and refreshing.

Paraphasing a well known document:  User's Groups are instituted among Users,
deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Members.  PLUG exemplifies
this all the time.  I vote to not clutter it up.

Let's pick a voluteer/drafted chair-person and keep going.  Maybe an open
steering committee meeting is needed to determine this transition?

Alan