info please.

Kevin Buettner plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 12:04:51 -0700

On Sep 28,  1:33pm, Nigel Sollars wrote:

> Does anyone have any info or experience of the Tyan S2460 Dual Athlon
> board running under linux?.
>
> The components on this board look pretty much standard as in the Onboard
> Scsi etc etc.  Im asking just incase ive missed something

I have no direct experience with this board, but I was reading about it
last night.

First, are you sure you're looking at the right board?  The S2460 doesn't
have onboard SCSI, but the S2462 does.  The review that I read said that
the S2462 requires an immense amount of power and has some sort of funky
proprietary power connector that might not be readily available.

See http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.html?i=1537 for more info on
the differences between the S2460 and the S2462.  There's an earlier
Anandtech review too which covers the S2462.  They included Linux tests
(kernel compilation) in their test suite.

Kevin