PLUG-discuss digest, Vol 1 #1482 -

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:36:15 -0700

Lucas Vogel wrote:

> This may be none of my business, but why were you using quotas in the first
> place?  For your root filesystem, no less? What user are you trying to put
> quotas on?
>
> try booting into runlevel 3 or something similar. When you get the prompt,
> type 'linux 3' and see if that works...

----
I think it might be better to use the Control-X option at lilo boot and
type
linux 1

I don't use quotas but I don't think it wise to use quotas on the root
filesystem. I think it would be better to have separate partitions for
/var or /home or /var/spool/mail or whatever you want to quota and then
it becomes a simple thing to administer.

Craig