Linux Journal-to-SCCA-to-EFF-to-Sen.McCain

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 23:15:32 -0700 (MST)

Am 26. Sep, 2001 schwätzte Lucas Vogel so:

> I get the Linux Journal Weekly News Notes on my work email address every
> Wednesday, and this week's email included a feature by Doc Searls called
> "Aspire to Crudeness" - I don't remember exactly why it's called that, but
> anyways, the first paragraph talked briefly about the EFF. A particular line
> struck me:
>
> "Join EFF...If you use any free software at all, you might be _slightly_
> interested in the fact that Disney is paying Congress to ban it.
> http://www.eff.org/alerts/20010921_eff_sssca_alert.html "

For this and many other reasons those of us who understand the tech must be
involved.

I suggested at the last east side meeting that maybe we should start a
PLUG-politics list. Really I'd rather we find an appropriate group here in
town and support it.

Does the EFF have a local office? Are there any other groups that would be
appropriate? We could be the tech people political groups have been needing.

We need to remember, though, that not everyone in the group shares the same
political views. A good reason to get involved in other groups that focus on
the political.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
# Passwords are like underwear. You don't share them, you don't hang them on