The time has come...

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 11:39:38 -0700

Jiva DeVoe wrote:

> As Derek pointed out, this is similar to the debian team, and would
> obviously not be used for restricting membership.  It's only for doing
> proper voting.
>
> A secondary, hidden agenda, is to get the use of encryption going
> stronger in our group.  Digital signatures are a wonderful way of
> verifying identity.  We should use them.

Which cryptographic methods are put forth?  Blowfish? R4? ...

> And of course, other methods other than coming to a meeting for
> signature signing are doable.  ie: Mail a disk in/etc.

We could also allow people who travel back and forth assigned as
curriors (assuming that is still legal)  - in much the same way as
registered mail is delivered...  I end up going to Tuscon about once a
month, so I may be able to get something to you if need be...

  EBo --