IP masquerading, Qwest

Patrick Fleming plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 22:43:20 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Vaughn Treude wrote:

In ipchains all packets traverse all 3 chains input, output and forward.
Your first line has you jumping before reaching the end of all the input
options.
Here are my 3 lines for my lan:
/sbin/ipchains -A input -s 192.168.1.0/24 -i eth0 -j ACCEPT
/sbin/ipchains -A output -s 192.168.1.0/24  -i eth0 -j ACCEPT
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -s 192.168.1.0/24  -j MASQ

do a cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
if you don't get a single "1" without the quotes then enable forwarding by
cat "1" /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

Maybe I missed it.. how many other machines can ping outside the gateway?
HTH
Patrick