creating Bezier splines

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 12:50:34 -0700

"David A. Sinck" wrote:

> \_ SMTP quoth John (EBo) David on 9/23/2001 13:39 as having spake thusly:
> \_
> \_
> \_ Does anyone qnow of a common graphics tool that allows you to create and
> \_ draw Bezier splines by specifying their controll points?  I checked both
> \_ xfig and gimp and it looked like these do not have shuch
> \_ functionality...
>
> shell% cat > foo.ps
> %!PS
> /inch { 72 mul } def
> /P0 { 1.0 inch 3.0 inch } def
> /P1 { 1.0 inch 7.0 inch } def
> /P2 { 5.0 inch 1.0 inch } def
> /P3 { 7.0 inch 4.0 inch } def
> P0 moveto P1 P2 P3 curveto
> 0.125 inch setlinewidth
> stroke
> showpage
> ^D
> shell% gv foo.ps
>
> cat wins again.

8-)  I've only ever programmed ps once before, and that a very simple
project, and did not know that it would construct a Bezier from the
control polygon.

> For something more gui, check dia.

WOA COOL!  I've never herd of dia before...  This looks exactly what I
was hoping for.

THANKS!  Next Stammtisch I owe you a beer/coke/icecream-cone (depending
on your religious and dietary concerns ;-)

  EBo --