Photo Radar (WAS RE: anonymous services)

Victor Odhner plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 20:38:49 -0700

Give it up, Bill.

You and I are blessed with the ability to relax a little,
and probably live longer and happier lives for it.

I drive a '78 half-ton pickup truck, so I go 50 and
55 tops to make the most of my horrible gas mileage.

But my foot's a little heavier in the Toyota Camry.
The amazing thing is, they don't ticket speeds within
10 MPH of the limit.  I feel unsafe if I go any faster
than that, except on the freeway; and VERY unsafe if
I'm the fastest thing on the road.

For some people, speeding is visceral:  too focused on
getting there to let anything be in the way, or to take
an extra second for the minor benefit of staying alive
and out of traffic court.

And for some it's a matter of asserting self over the
constraints of society.  I know some really nice people
whose only primal outlet is a lead foot.  ;-)

Vic

P.S. -- I predict you'll see a little bit of backlash.
No, it doesn't save gas.  Yes, it gets me there faster.
And those idiots don't have any right to tell ME
how fast I can drive.