The Newbie Again

Gary Nichols plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 11:58:12 -0700 (MST)

This really depends on what condition your copper is going into your
house.  My house is 4 years old, and my VDSL has been out only twice due
to power failure (thanks APS!).

In contrast, my friend's house is 15 years old and he has several weird
problems with his.  His neighbor next door had all his copper replaced and
has had only 1 outage (lasted 10 mins if I remember right).

Not saying qwest is the best, but it DOES work.  :-)

As for speed, it's comparable to a T1 going down (102-150 KB/S) and better
going up (I've hit 200 KB/S).  The Qwest installer told me that there
really isn't a cap on upload speed right now, so you're at the mercy of
your connection quality.

My negative opinion of Qwest stems from poor customer service and the fact
that they insist on blocking incoming sevice ports (80,53,25).

Just my 2 cents.