Caution, SuSE Linux Live Eval loading

Brian Cluff plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 16:23:28 -0700 (MST)

For all of those that got one of those SuSA live evals from with the plug
meeting or the stamtisch. Be sure you run it on a machine that you either
have backed up, or don't care about.
I just recently threw it in my machine at work to see how good of an
install it was so that I could give it to my boss with the recommendation
that he play around with it and see how he likes it.
Well, I go it on and it all went beautifully.  It's a very nice live eval
indeed and was all set to march it over to him with the highest
reccomendation, but after shutting it down and trying to reboot this
windows machine back into windows I found that it had rewritten the format
on my 20 gig drive to a 4 gig drive and thus causing to be become totally
scrambled.  Luckily I think I have a recent backup, but this would have
sucked if I had handed it over to my boss and had it scramble his drive.
I would probably never be able to get this place converted over to linux.

So anyway, watch out when booting those things.  I'm betting they work
better on slightly oler machines that only have a max of 4 gig in them,
but I wouldn't bet my drive on it hehehe

Brian Cluff