hardware problems

robert jorgenson plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 21:24:29 -0700

Okay every time i try and boot from the floppy i get this error "floppy
disk(s) fail (40)" I have tried everything short of replacing the floppy
drive because i know it works i tried it on a different computer. I have
replaced the ide cable, i made sure it was plugged in right, i made sure
power was plugged in right, i made sure everything was right in the
bios, i checked the boot floppy i am using on another computer. The only
problem with the floppy though is it wont boot, if i tell bios to ignore
all errors it boots fine, but since i dont have anything on my harddrive
and my bios cant boot from the cd-rom this doesn't help me at all...i
have to be able to boot from the floppy and cant seem to find a way to
fix it. If anyone can help me i would appreciate it alot, i know this is
kinda off subject from linux so if you want to keep it off the list just
e-mail me at snoogans@qwest.net

-Thanx

The Newbie