Article: Free Software Foundation targets RTLinux for GPL violations

Pete Buechler plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 20:47:54 -0700

On Monday 17 September 2001 09:47 pm, John (EBo) David wrote:

> Oh frazelsnarf! That explains why I have not seen RTLinux embeded in the
> standard kernal.  I never could understand why.  You know, someone
> should write a kernal patch that does handels the real time determinism
> embeded in the kernel and be done with it...  THis pisses me off enough
> that I'm just about willing to help (not that I do not already have
> enough to do)...

There have been a few different approaches to realt-time. I guess the most
promising at the moment is the patch to allow pre-emption of the kernel any
time other than when a multiprocessor spinlock is active.

-Pete-