Article: Free Software Foundation targets RTLinux for GPL violations

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 21:47:40 -0700

"David P. Schwartz" wrote:

> Monday September 17 12:15 PM EDT
>
> Free Software Foundation targets RTLinux for GPL violations
>
> By Peter Galli, eWEEK
>
> The Free Software Foundation on Friday took aim at RTLinux and
> FSMLabs, the company that distributes it, claiming that FSMLabs has
> used a patent license to violate the GNU General Public License.
>
> http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/zd/20010917/tc/free_software_foundation_targets_rtlinux_for_gpl_violations_1.html
>
> or:
>
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?C49812E0

Oh frazelsnarf! That explains why I have not seen RTLinux embeded in the
standard kernal.  I never could understand why.  You know, someone
should write a kernal patch that does handels the real time determinism
embeded in the kernel and be done with it...  THis pisses me off enough
that I'm just about willing to help (not that I do not already have
enough to do)...

  EBo --