disaster relief coordination

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 20:13:20 -0700

talked to mom a bit ago and no word yet other than who is currently
where...

It had come to both our attention though that there have been reported a
number of incidences where people posing as volunteer workers were
running scams, etc.  Since we are used to knowing each and every person
helping us, we will likely just go back to that for now.  It is one
thing to pull a few strings and arrange a semi load full of underwear
(hey most orginizations takes used cloths, but not used skivies -- and
that's what they needed) but it is another to set something like this
up...

As the insanity starts streightening out we will see where our efforts
are best placed.  So, in essence it looks like my idea was to little to
late.

I want to encourage everyone to do what they can, be well, be safe, and
be happy.

  EBo --