anonymous services

Eric plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 18:42:28 -0800

> You're missing the point.  The terrorists will still be able to use
> cryptography regardless of laws that the US or any other nation may
> pass.

I know that's a problem, Kevin.  I kinda addressed that, but not very well.
Its kinda that same argument as with guns.  The world, in my opinion, would
be better without them.  It shouldn't be that easy to kill someone.  But now
that they are in the flow of commerce, what to do?

Also, the argument that we can't do anything about the burdens of crypto
*now* is not responsive to the question as to whether crypto should have
been regulated/restricted long ago.  It might be true that we can't do
anything to solve the problem now.  But if someone makes that statement,
they *might* mean that something should have been done a long time ago to
regulate crypto.  If *that* is the kind of attitude one has, then that is no
victory at all for liberty.  Rather, it is simply an acknowledgement that we
can't change the past.