CNN.com - Airline employees intentionally breach security

Rusty Carruth plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 15:16:33 -0700 (MST)

> At 07:53 AM 9/14/01 -0700, Gary Nichols wrote:
> >I'm glad this happened - because it proves a point I made in a
> >discussion with friends the other day.  Airports on the west (with the
> >exception of LAX, they are ultra-paranoid right now) need a wakeup
> >call.  Phoenix is the 6th largest city in the Nation -- sounds like a

Well, but *disarming everyone* is ***NOT*** the solution to violence.
(and I'm not trying to imply that *you* said it was!)

(I'm not sure that *arming everyone* *IS* the solution, but experience
shows that bullies attack those they think they can intimidate.  Once
nobody has ANY sort of defense, almost everyone will be easy to intimidate.
I could go on, and probably make more sense doing so, but I'll try
to limit my off-topicness today ;-)

Perhaps the airlines should *require* at least 25% of the passengers
on board be armed?  Then it might have been better than 1 out of
4 that did not make it to their destructive destination...